Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Swine... or No Swine???

The Frolicking Fells are no longer frolicking :( We both came down with something over the past few days, and we're not sure what it is! The symptoms (coughing, chills, fever, drowsiness, headaches, nausea, etc.) are quite H1N1-esque. However, I started feeling sick on Sunday night (while writing my 25-page paper on Form Based Zoning... thrilling, right?), my fever broke by Monday night, and now on Tuesday night, I only have a slight cough remaining! This sounds really short to be H1N1... either that, or I am just awesome at fighting the flu!!

Joe has pretty much been groggy-ing the day away, so I have no report from him... He seems to have a cough and chills, but he doesn't really even tell me his symptoms - he just stares endlessly into space in silence and says how tired he is. He is just not himself!

So what's the consensus? H1N1 or just a little virus?

Either way, we gotta beat this bug before my mom comes into town this Thursday night!!



  1. it's probably the flu, and specifically, probably H1N1. While H1N1 is scary and can be really bad, for most people it's like any other flu -- fever and upper respiratory symptoms for a few days, then it's over. Just take tylenol or ibuprofen as needed for fever/headache/pain (check bottle for amt/frequency) and get lots of fluids/rest.

    You should stay home until you are 24 hours fever free (sounds like you already are). Then you are allowed back in the world. just be careful and don't infect anyone else =). Same goes for Joe. Wash your hands or use Purell. You can still infect people for up to 10 days.

    You don't need to go to the ER or go see a doctor unless you start having shortness of breath or trouble breathing. At that point you really need to go -- don't try waiting it out at home.

    curtesy of almost dr. wayne =)

  2. Thanks a million AlmostDoctorWayne!! I think I am good to go - my cough is pretty much gone now and I've been fever-free for almost 24 hours. We'll see how Joe feels in the morning. I think we both were glad for the opportunity to stay home, despite feeling pretty bad. Saddest part though... we haven't kissed in DAYS!! WAHHH!!!

  3. Sheila is right--I don't feel myself at all, and it's scary to me. My chills have gone away as of right now, but I feel extremely groggy and doing any type of movement is a big effort for me.

    Part of my mental condition is definitely affected by the fact that I need to complete my Character and Fitness Questionnaire before Friday\Saturday. There is a lot that goes into it, involving trips to the Notary Public and obtaining my driving record, and the idea of trying to get it all done in the condition that I am makes me want to cry. What's frustrating is that I didn't even procrastinate on this--I've been working on it for quite some time. I can file late, but it costs extra. Needless to say, prayers for that would be appreciated.

    Here's hoping that I feel better tomorrow!